POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? : Re: English style? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English style?
From: Saadat Saeed
Date: 12 Sep 1999 05:52:18
Message: <37db77d2@news.povray.org>
All in all there is an iso standard somewhere where dates should be wriiten
in the format YYYYMMDD... that is

23rd September 2009 will be written as 20090923.

This does makes a lot of sense in the computer world. I mark all my backup
files in that format. So when I categorise i.e. sort them they are
automatically sorted year first, then month and then date. Makes a lot more
sense to archive them with the least amount of information first and then
moving into the details....

BR/Saadat