POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh? : Re: Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 9 Sep 1999 10:09:51
Message: <37d7a790.15801704@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:24:22 GMT, NOS### [at] ibmnet (Thomas
Baier) wrote:

>Hi,
>>
>>Hmm.. tried that just now (while reading your message) and it hasn't
>>noticably helped - the .OBJ is still full of holes. Personally I blame
>>the modelling software for getting it wrong in the first place. You're
>>welcom to a copy of the Rex .OBJ file if you want to play with it
>>(although it's about 1.2MB unzipped).
>It would be nice to send me the TRex file. Perhaps i find some bugs
>:_)

Always a possibility but I find it annoying, to say the least, to have
to write around other people's bugs. Why can't modelling programs "get
it right" in the first place? Then there'd be no need for these
shinnanegans...

Still, I'll e-mail a simple Rex .OBJ off to you (not the final quality
one I'd like to use, because that's big - but the one I've been using
for testing).

>>>HW or SW OpenGL ?
>>>
>>Hardware - it's a TNT board made by Diamond. Let me check... Viper
>>V550 running under Windows98 SE, 96MB RAM, P 233 MMX (yes not even a
>>Pentium II) and far, far too much software on the hard drives :)
>Hmm, i have tested 3DWinOGL with several GFX boards (but not TNT) .
>Are you sure, that TNT renders into a window?

Yup - sPatch, Unreal, 3D Labs X29 (an OpenGL "test" utility) all
render in a window (although Unreal's OpenGL seems decidely slow at
present - something they plan to address, I hear). Most other stuff I
tend to use fullscreen (actualy Unreal is Usually full screen but
they've got some bugs at the moment with D3D / TNT usage which makes
switching between windowed and full screen unreliable - no other App I
use has this problem - but their TNT D3D is still better than their
OpenGL support IMO).

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/