POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : many identical object with different textures : many identical object with different textures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  many identical object with different textures
From: Sander
Date: 7 Sep 1999 15:52:03
Message: <37d56ce3@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I would like to render many identical objects having non-identical textures.
To explain: object is a union of several primitives, one of which has a
marble texture.
When I place 1000 of those objects on a plane, they all have an identical
marble outlook.
I would like to them to be different: still the same marble, but  a
different pattern.
Of course I could make 1000 different textures, but this doesn't seem to be
the best solution. I tried to make a macro that produces a texture, but that
obviously cannot be done. ... What to do?
Thanks for any help.        Sander