POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Win NT 4.0 : Re: Win NT 4.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win NT 4.0
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 5 Sep 1999 02:23:06
Message: <37d20c4a@news.povray.org>
Phil Brewer wrote in message <37cf222f@news.povray.org>...
>I have a dual pentium II system running windows NT 4.0
>However, I have seen no speed improvement from the second processor.
>I thought Povray was a multi-threaded application??

POV-Ray for Windows is.  One thread is used for rendering, and there is one
thread for each CodeMax editing session.  As a result, you get a very slight
performance boost from the second CPU if you are rendering a scene and
editing another at the same time.  I suspect that the increase is on the
order of a tenth of a percent or so.

Mark