POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : beveled text? : beveled text? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  beveled text?
From: Daniel L  Isdell
Date: 3 Sep 1999 17:09:57
Message: <37d03925@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
I need a way to create beveled text. I used to use POVSB but it added the
width of the bevels to the outside of the text body so to prevent this, I
started by creating the text in Corel Draw, cearting a condensed version by
using the "contourr function to make a "skinnier" version to compensate for
the extra width added by the bevels, exporting as DXF, importing the 2D DXF
into POVSB and extruding it and adding the Bevels. OK it's an extremely
circuitious method but the results were really great, plus it allowed me to
modify the font for things like logos. However POVSB seems to have gone
away.... What other modelers do bevels text or better yet import, extrude
and bevel 2D DXF?

Thanks,
Dan Isdell