POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Square and triangular pattern : Re: Square and triangular pattern Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square and triangular pattern
From: Ron Parker
Date: 1 Sep 1999 09:06:58
Message: <37cd24f2@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:12:35 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Despite the comments from the other two skeptics in this thread I like the
>idea of these two new patterns.

As you all should know by now, I love custom patches.  I also understand
why one would implement a new pattern as a patch instead of as a macro,
because it will invariably render more quickly.  But when you do that,
you sacrifice portability you didn't have to sacrifice in the name of a
relatively small increase in speed.

By the way, Warp, the squares could also be done with a repeat warp,
which would eliminate the problem that happens with the gradient version
near zero.