POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh? : Re: Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help me pls! Turning list of points into triangle mesh?
From: Thomas Baier
Date: 1 Sep 1999 02:12:06
Message: <37ccc14b.983790@news.povray.org>
Hi,

>I wonder if Thomas has had similar problems. I have noticed that when converting
>some models with 3DWin that no matter what the smoothing angle specified there
>are some times a few to several triangles that are still represented as simple
>triangles instead of as smooth triangles.

Hmm, current 3DWin import of OBJ files is very simple. It processes
only face information (no normals or uv faces). Smoothing is done in a
seperate stage.

I have found and tested some very strange OBJ files with missing
vertices, wrong face to vertex links, double faces and lots of
degenerated faces.

3DWin tries to fix this errors and throws out such faces.

-Thomas