POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : skipping an object temporarily : Re: skipping an object temporarily Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skipping an object temporarily
From: Alan Kong
Date: 25 Aug 1999 22:30:16
Message: <37c7a24a.676259011@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:18:07 -0400, Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote:

>Is there an easy way to skip rendering an object? Like using a GOTO to
>skip over it? I don't want to have to delete the whole object or comment
>out 20 lines to comment it out.

  Here's a portion of scene code from a recent trace I did. It isn't my
original idea to call it render control. An artist shared his source with me
and I took to using this method for quick test renders. My apologies to the
artist as I have forgotten his name.

/* Render Control */
#declare Photons_on                =   1;
#declare phd                       =0.75; // 0.5
#declare Area_light_on             =   1;
#declare Refl_Refr_on              =   1;
#declare Focal_blur_on             =   1;
#declare Focal_blur_high_quality   =   1;
#declare Plastic_box_on            =   1;
#declare Innards_on                =   1;
#declare Test_ball_on              =   0;

#if (Test_ball_on)
sphere {<-4,-5,4>,1
   pigment {color rgb 1.5}
   finish {ambient .2 diffuse .6 specular .3 roughness .005}
}
#end // (Test_ball_on)

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get