POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel : Re: Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel
From: Bernd M  Jordan
Date: 27 Aug 1999 16:19:24
Message: <37c6f2cc@news.povray.org>
Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I have also used various search engines and been to a
few vendors/manufacturers of PV equipment. Most of them have images of their
products on their web sites. However, they are either of poor quality to
start with, or the panels are at an angle and cannot be used for
'projection' in POV.

While I was searching and pondering over possible approaches I figured that
a simple checkered or warp'd texture would do. Most of the time the solar
panels will be viewed from far away anyway so the need for detail is
minimal. I just have to remove all the close-ups from the storyboard <G>.

--
.....Opinions are my own....
Bernd M. Jordan