POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Calling all uv experts... : Re: Calling all uv experts... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling all uv experts...
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 26 Aug 1999 16:16:28
Message: <37c4914b.23403606@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:31:46 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

[snip]

>When you get an executable working in the future let me know and I'll
>give it a trial. I have several links to Poser models w/textures and
>would like to see how well it works. I too have had some serious problems
>with UVmapping and would like to learn how to take advantage of it.
>I hear it's supposed to be a high end feature :)
>
>--
You think I'm going to keep mum if I actually put together something
useful for POV? <eg> This'll be this millenium's biggest contribution
from me, I suspect. Certainly the most work (aside from my Dr Who
title animation and that helps no-one but me & mine).

Oh - and pls give me a yell if you find any Poser-ready dinosaurs.
They seem to be low on the ground (well actually one of the pertinent
aspects of dinosaurs was that they stood with their legs below them
rather than splayed out lizard-like - but you know what I mean).

Once you get "the knack" (and IMO you need it) the actual application
of UV mapping is pretty easy. I might need to call on people for help
with some stuff though - like how to impliment Poser's "transparancy
maps" (or whether to rule them out as an option). Still, we'll see.

</dumb question>
You likely to be around this weekend? I hope to have a *BASIC* working
copy by then and feedback would naturally be helpful in developing it
further.
</dumb question>

O-er. Hm... have to write some instructions too I guess.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/