POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How to submit a port of POVray to another system ? : Re: How to submit a port of POVray to another system ? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to submit a port of POVray to another system ?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 24 Aug 1999 05:33:07
Message: <37c36373.529080401@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:23:09 GMT, nospam@ (Thierry Godefroy) wrote:

>I just ported POV-ray v3.1g to QDOS/SMS (Sinclair QL and compatible
>computers operating system). I would like to submit it to the POV-ray
>team for inclusion into the official POV-ray distribution, but I can't
>find any address of someone responsible for this in the team. Could
>someone help please ?

>Thierry Godefroy (god### [at] imaginetfr)
>
>PS: if you are curious about QDOS/SMS, go to http://qdos.cjb.net

  Hi, Thierry. Have you read Povlegal.doc, which is included with every
POV-Ray distribution? POV-Ray has historically been ported to a number of
operating systems as unofficial builds (the POV-Team encourages this) but
they only provides official distributions when they can offer technical
support. I believe that you must distribute your port as an unofficial
compile, compliant within the guidelines set forth in Povlegal.doc, and
provide technical support for this port.

  I will forward your post to the POV-Team.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get