POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Calling all uv experts... : Re: Calling all uv experts... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling all uv experts...
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 24 Aug 1999 18:42:17
Message: <37c31fbe.12090262@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:33:39 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mha### [at] mindaswinternetcouk> wrote:

>The Problem is that Poser won't export models WITH clothes in 3ds format
>correctly.
>
>However export in obj format is perfect.
>
>Getting the uv data to map on to the figures is very hard. I've played with
>both rotation( have you tried that Cliff, Both Giles and I found that it was
>necessary to turn the uv map upside down!) and scaling with little success.

I've reversed the Z co-ordinates (z=-z - or scale <1,1,-1>) which
brings the model over nicely (basically Poser had Z "going the other
way" to POV) but... alas, not much help.

>I hear that Thomas Baier is bringing out a new version of win3d which will
>incorporate uv mapping/mesh2 for obj files.

Well - hopefully someone will beat me to it. I just feel about "this"
close and it's a tad frustrating to "miss" at that stage :(

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/