POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Calling all uv experts... : Re: Calling all uv experts... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling all uv experts...
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 24 Aug 1999 17:35:36
Message: <37c31028@news.povray.org>
The Problem is that Poser won't export models WITH clothes in 3ds format
correctly.

However export in obj format is perfect.

Getting the uv data to map on to the figures is very hard. I've played with
both rotation( have you tried that Cliff, Both Giles and I found that it was
necessary to turn the uv map upside down!) and scaling with little success.

I hear that Thomas Baier is bringing out a new version of win3d which will
incorporate uv mapping/mesh2 for obj files.

Mick