POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Non-triangular patches -> triangles...? : Re: Non-triangular patches -> triangles...? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-triangular patches -> triangles...?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 20 Aug 1999 13:25:48
Message: <37bd8fa0.61873922@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:07:45 +0200, Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>Sorry, but obj2pov doesn't support batch processing and exports to the other
>mesh syntax, not the mesh2 one. Of course you can run obj2pov in a batch
>file (*.bat) but you'll have to add the texture info by hand in each obj
>file before processing.
>3DS2pov supports batch provessing of 3DS files and the mesh2 syntax, so if
>you can export to 3DS it's a possible solution.
>Gilles Tran
It's a pretty good one - expect Poser seems to screw up the UV mapping
when exporting to .3DS formatting (you end up with neato-models, but
seams in the textures).

So far unless I can rely on Poser (and other programs) to adhere to no
more than 4 points making 2 simple triangles it looks like OBJ2POV
will be my best bet.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/