POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : text object and texture : Re: text object and texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text object and texture
From: Ron Parker
Date: 19 Aug 1999 14:43:14
Message: <37bc5042@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:29:15 -0400, Chuck Roberts wrote:
>Ok. How come I get an error "missing }" when I render this? All I want
>is to put a texture on the text. I want it to be like reflective chrome.
>Yes I included "metals.inc". I have pov 3.02.

Two reasons:

1) You've misspelled P_Chrome1.  The C should be uppercase.
2) P_Chrome1 needs to be inside a pigment{} block.

Here's the corrected texture statement:

  texture {
           pigment {P_Chrome1}
           finish {F_MetalC}
          }

This probably isn't the best group to get answers to this sort of
questions in.  You might want to hang out in povray.newusers for a
while, where questions like this are common and are more likely to
be answered quickly.