POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Non-Linear transformations : Re: Non-Linear transformations Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-Linear transformations
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Aug 1999 20:05:45
Message: <37b8a759@news.povray.org>
Yes, a control over scale AND translation (rotation also) would be
great this way. From the beginning of my use of 3D modellors I had
thought this would be a good idea. The problem is the implementation;
a simple sphere, box, cone and so forth is one thing, but a CSG of
them? I think because of a need for a general centering and the lack
thereof with individual primitives as part of a CSG would prevent it's
achievability.  (hope I'm wrong... hope I'm wrong...)

Bob