POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : default scene open and save dirs : Re: default scene open and save dirs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: default scene open and save dirs
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Aug 1999 04:15:17
Message: <37b28295@news.povray.org>
In article <37B213F2.A95C54C5@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote:
>>
>> Ok, can you tell if it is working right? I had Western (ISO-8859-1), I
>> chose Set Default Character Set.
>
> You are represened as having:

> I don't know what all of the "x-mac" stuff is but the text/plain;
> charset=us-ascii; part is correct for posting here so I think
> you have it.

It is Mac specific information (usually useful for attached files only, but
most newsreaders post it with everything for some reason) about the file
type and application that created it. The numbers are hexadecimal ASCII
codes (actually they are MacRoman character codes, not differences in the
lower 128 chars are minimal). If you translate it back you get: type =
"TEXT" = a plain text file, and creator = "MOSS" = Netscape Navigator.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde