POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An easy way to import textures : Re: An easy way to import textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An easy way to import textures
From: T'vakah
Date: 10 Aug 1999 18:09:51
Message: <37b0a32f@news.povray.org>
> > One feature that I find lacking in Moray, is the ability to layer
pigmenst
> > and normals, for some reason you are only allowed one of each.
> Since you can't do that in POV-Ray either, what would be the point?
> Unless you are talking about layering textures, then you are mistaken,
> since Moray has supported this since V2.5 for DOS. In the Material
> Editor, use Create and selecte 'Layered Texture'. Then add as many
> texture layrers as you need.
POV-Ray does support this, I am talking about multiple pigment statments in
the same texture and the same with normals like the following:

texture{
    pigment{some pigment}
    pigment{another pigment that is slightly transparent}
    normal{some normal}
    normal{another normal that is added to the first}
}

the advantage of this is that it cuts down on the parsing and rendering time
as compared to a layerd texture.

-- T'vakah

A small project I am working on know:
http://backdoor.to/edertav/