POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help! VC5 Question! : Re: Help! VC5 Question! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! VC5 Question!
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Aug 1999 22:12:08
Message: <37af3858.116683808@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 08 Aug 1999 02:18:41 -0400, "Steve Horn <horn <dot> 74 @ osu"
<"dot> edu."> wrote:

>I'm using Visual C++ 5.0 and I have successfully compiled the source for
>a Win95 v3.1 Pvengine using the project out of the VC5 directory.   The
>problem is, it can't link the final executable because of unresolved
>externals.  The three unresolved externals are all contained in
>povtext.obj.
>
>The first is __imp__InitCommonControlsEx corresponding to
>a function call in pvtext.c,  InitCommonControlsEx(&icex) around line
>1347.
>
>The second is __imp__ImageList_Create corresponding to a function call
>in pvtext.c,
>if((ToolImages2 = ImageList_Create(14, etc...
>    return(hwnd);
>In the function create_toolbar() around line 1315.
>
>The third is __imp__ImageList_AddMasked corresponding to a function call

I think you'll find that the functions in question are part of the
common controls library that came with later versions of Internet
Explorer.  You might need either a new copy of the platform SDK, or
you might have missed a library in the linker specs.  ISTR that there
was a problem with the release version not including one or more
libraries that the debug version included; I guess I'd first check
that anything the debug project links with is also included in the
release project.