POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : soft prisms : Re: soft prisms Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soft prisms
From: Ron Parker
Date: 9 Aug 1999 13:05:30
Message: <37af0a5a@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 18:24:38 +0200, Remco de Korte wrote:

>Is it a bug in the prism-object or somewhere else?

It's in the prism object.  For your purpose, since your prisms
are always convex, you could just intersect a bunch of planes and
bound them apropriately.

>I found another bug in my inc-file I can't solve.
>Try rendering this:
[code elided]
>Both objects should look the same, but they don't. I can't find what I'm doing
>wrong and where I'm doing it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

The problem is in your calculation of nn.  Its sign seems to be dependent on
the direction you go around the prism.  I find that if I put a

#declare nn=-nn;

in the right place, the bad prism becomes good and the good one becomes bad.