POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An easy way to import textures : Re: An easy way to import textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An easy way to import textures
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 10 Aug 1999 03:44:20
Message: <37aec001.810080@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I have, on several occassions, needed to use out of range values for
> textures.  Will we be able to do this sometime in Moray's future?
Maybe. It's quite difficult to make it intuitive and easy to configure
the sliders. It wouldn't be much of a problem if I simply offered an
editbox.....

> Out of range RGB values for lights (& textures) aren't currently
> supported either.
Yes, they are. The 'M' slider for lights lets you use values outside
the 0 to 1.0 range (up to 10 fold per default, but you can use your
own ranges by tweaking values in the Registry),

For colors you can use Range button to set the ranges for the colors.

> Is there a way to make parts of my POV export file not get changed each
> time that I send it for test renders - sort of like we can do with
> textures?
Nope, only textures support this. What you can do is put those things
in an include file and add this include file to the
Scene|Settings|Include list.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray