POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An easy way to import textures : Re: An easy way to import textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An easy way to import textures
From: Elminster
Date: 8 Aug 1999 16:32:42
Message: <37ade96a@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Bob, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Is there some kind of conversion package that
> > will allow me to take .inc texture files and
> > put them into Moray's binary format?
> Nope, that is not available.
>
> > I've been pulling my hair out trying to enter
> > them manually and found that some stuff couldn't be done.
> It should be fairly straightforward for most textures, though.
> The only place you may experience difficulties is with
> out of range values.
>
> Maybe you can give an example of one that's caused a lot of
> hair loss<g>.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Lutz,

   I know now that some of the textures I want have already been converted.
Here is one the one that was driveing me to going bald ;)

//
//   CJFAlabaster is similar to PinkAlabaster, the colours and the scale
//   have been changed
//

#declare CJFAlabaster =
        texture {
                pigment {
                        bozo
                        turbulence 0.25
                        color_map {
                                [0,  1 color red 0.9 green 0.75 blue 0.75
                                       color red 0.6 green 0.6  blue 0.6 ]
                                }
                        scale 1
                        }
                finish { ambient 0.25 }
                }
        texture

                pigment

                        granite
                        color_map {
                        [0, 0.9 color DarkOrchid filter 1 color DarkOrchid
filter 0.5]
                        [0.9, 1 color DarkSlateBlue color DarkSlateBlue]
                                }
                        scale 5       // Twice as large as unit shape
                        }
        finish

                specular 1
                roughness 0.0001
                phong 0.25
                phong_size 75
                brilliance 4
                }
        }

I found it in a MTX that someone posted on the net.

Thanks,

Bob Ratliff
FireWeb Consulting
elm### [at] mrtccom