POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isoblob patch beta : Re: Isoblob patch beta Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isoblob patch beta
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Aug 1999 12:03:57
Message: <37a9b5ed@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:50:26 -0400, Lummox JR wrote:
>Here is the code needed to implement the isoblob primitive I've been
>working on. It should tack on nicely to Superpatch 3.1e. Complete
>instructions are included.
>
>http://www.dreamscape.com/lummoxjr/povray

I just finally got around to tacking it on to superpatch 3.1e, along
with tacking on Nathan's Photon stuff and your heightfield smoothing
patch, and I find that when I render your test image at 640x480 with
no aa, it has a lot of nasty black spots in it.  Do you know what's
causing that?

Also, can someone send me some photon test code that uses the new
syntax?  The only stuff I could find on this server is for the old
patch with the 'density' modifier.