POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Blob to mesh patch! : Re: Blob to mesh patch! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob to mesh patch!
From: Anders Haglund
Date: 4 Aug 1999 08:06:49
Message: <37a82cd9@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
> If I understand it correctly the advantage of this would be that if you
convert
> a blob to a mesh you'd have the surface-coordinates (triangles). I guess
you
> could find those with the trace-function in the Superpatch but with a mesh
you'd
> have them in a handy format (I hope). I think blobs are great but I've
often
> wished I could convert them to a mesh, for instance for morphing in an
> animation. Let's just hope Arne gets it figured out.
> Go, Arne, go!
> ;-)
Well, the triangularization (is that the right spelling?) is done in parsing
time but the triangles could be dumped to a file for external manipulation
or just to save time the next time it renders. I haven't made such a routine
but it's done in just a couple of minutes or so =).
btw, my name is Anders... I was using my fathers news reader :)

/Anders