POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Bounding problem (superpatch) : Re: Bounding problem (superpatch) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding problem (superpatch)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Aug 1999 08:13:50
Message: <37a6dcfe@news.povray.org>
While your at it :) I just encountered a "malloc" error while attempting
to get a large mesh to parse. Has some sort of memory limitation been
introduced on purpose or by accident?
Or perhaps this error was another problem altogether. Here's the error
as POV-Ray called it:

[a few triangles were shown here]
<----ERROR

C:\3Dmodels\Other\sw_c3p0.inc:19893: error: Attempt to malloc zero size
block (File: C:\incoming\povsrc\super31a\PARSE.C Line: 3796).

The same include parses in the "Official" 3.1g version. Btw, the
triangles were not near zero vectors. Excuse me, I meant to say not
degenerate triangles (else POV-Ray would have said so I'm sure).

Bob

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe