POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) : Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC)
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 2 Aug 1999 20:30:58
Message: <37a63842@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote in message <37a5b284@news.povray.org>...
>In article <B3B### [at] 14710983.2> , "Martin Crisp"
><val### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Think this is a bug, has happened three times (across reboots of
machine
>> etc etc). Causes rendering to abort with a bogus (and insulting)
error.
>> POV says
>> this:

[snipped]

>> So, can anyone else confirm?
>> What about on 68k machines?
>
>I could reproduce this problem.
>For those interested the problem is in a CodeWarrior library function
>(__path2fss) calling PBCatInfoSync.

Hmm, its been a very long time since I read that part of Inside Mac (6
years or so) IIRC that means that the addition of any non-native
filesystems while parsing could cause the same problem (e.g. NT/Netware
file server volumes)

<mutter>

>There is a simple workaround:
>Pause POV-Ray (via the Render Menu), insert the CD and _wait_ until it
>is mounted and the un-pause POV-Ray again.

Yep, sounds fair.

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions