POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Large bumpmaps/imagemaps (was Realistic Terrain Patch) : Re: Large bumpmaps/imagemaps (was Realistic Terrain Patch) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large bumpmaps/imagemaps (was Realistic Terrain Patch)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 2 Aug 1999 10:21:02
Message: <37a5a94e@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:39:48 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Mike wrote:
>> > I think TIFF support would be a nice addition, though.  Maybe
>> > I'll see what's involved.
>>
>> I would probably use that if it was available.
>>
>> -Mike
>
>Which tiff format. There is something like 4 - 6 different versions and
>some are completely different than there counterparts.

TIFF 6.0, of course, unless there's something newer.  Not all parts, of
course.  For example, there could be no support for LZW compression on
output.  As I said, I'll look into what's involved.  It may be more trouble
than it's worth, what with all the different chunks and color spaces and
such.  Still, ya gotta admit, it's the first choice of professional
graphic artists.