POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sPatch problem : Re: sPatch problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch problem
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Aug 1999 09:04:40
Message: <37a445e8@news.povray.org>
I actually do have the 1.51 here too.
You might want to turn up the 'max_trace_level' at least if not done so
already. Is the model being textured using transparency? Then for sure
do so.
The sPatch seems to be in limbo, permanently. A email to the author
might come up with a response, but believe I had heard it wasn't going
anywhere anytime soon.
You mention functionality, vertex magnetism would be kind of neat.
What's it called in other modellers? Metaballs, NURBS or some such thing
(how am I supposed to know?). Anyway, it would be a great feature.