POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections : Re: Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 Jul 1999 17:38:54
Message: <37a36cee@news.povray.org>
If you notice that when using image_map pigments the 'interpolate' makes
a big difference. Seems 2 is best to me, not 4. The isosurface probably
uses a similar convention itself rather than straight procedural
pigment. If it did it would obviously have no noticeable artifacts, or
so I would think. Perhaps there is a resolution limitation then? Based
upon the 1 POV unit square a pigment is usually confined to?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe