POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : StarWars Naboo Fighter : Re: StarWars Naboo Fighter Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StarWars Naboo Fighter
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 Jul 1999 03:01:27
Message: <37a29f47@news.povray.org>
And for the more "on your own" method as was asked for:

 http://www.eossystems.com/Lite/

Check that web page out, there's a free demo of a program to make photos
(drawings possible too) into a 3D model (DXF). You supply a few pictures
of a object from various perspectives (viewing angles) and the manual
creation of the model vertexes, lines, and surfaces is also up to you.
Well, just take a look and try it out, you'll see. The setup really
needs a digital camera, not sure if you can get around that. Seems the
setup allows for various ways to setup though. Been a while since I
tried it.
Mike Hough brought it up at AOL once and that's how I know of it and I
later saw it there in AOLs software libraries. It seems quite a good
program, just not super simple.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe