POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to compose an arbitrary solid object : How to compose an arbitrary solid object Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  How to compose an arbitrary solid object
From: Skelter
Date: 30 Jul 1999 12:26:17
Message: <37a1d229@news.povray.org>
Let's say I'm trying to compose a crystal gravy boat.  (Yes, such a thing
would probably be gross on your dinner table, and "no" it isn't my real
project, but it's a nice reduction.)

I can describe all the surfaces using spatch, but if I do, I can't seem to
give a "well defined inside and outside" so that PovRay can do the
refraction.  How horrible!  I can't compose an arbitary 3D object!  Or is
there something I'm missing.  Yes, I know there are finite solid primitives,
but I don't feel they give me the control I would like.

Any suggestions?