POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Iso-surface formulas : Re: Iso-surface formulas Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-surface formulas
From: Ken
Date: 8 Oct 1999 10:35:03
Message: <37FE0108.48A8E4EF@pacbell.net>
Craig Woodward wrote:

> At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, where do the formulas for
> iso-surfaces come from.  I look at them and have no idea what they mean.
> Does one need to be a math major or can we music business majors figure this
> out?
>
> Help
>
> Thanks
> Craig W.

  I think it would be a swell idea if one of the math majors around here
would write a tutorial on how to correctly enter equations in the syntax
needed to satisfy the requirements of the iso surface function. I too am
a bit mathematically challenged. I have resources for all kinds of different
surface definitions but don't know how to present them to the program.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: