POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BoxBlob (40kb before upload) : Re: BoxBlob (40kb before upload) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BoxBlob (40kb before upload)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 6 Oct 1999 13:22:06
Message: <37FB850B.F1419545@reading.ac.uk>
Well, here's my version after chopping up the function into smaller
pieces. I hit the isosurface function parser limit several year ago with
the version that couldn't parse user functions, so I had to wait a
couple of years before I could try some complex landscapes!

I'll put the code in p.t.s-f (and I'll just do a copy-and-paste this
time after getting a couple of agrieved posts for putting up
attachments) as a reply to the post there.

	Bye for now,
		Mike Andrews.

TonyB wrote:

> Hello. Using the same method as before, and after having battled against the
> limitations of the isosurface patch, here is the end result. Again, this is
> just demonstrative, and so is relatively simple. This is a torus, with 4
> boxes, 2 at the top and bottom and 2 at either sides. I hope you like it and
> see the potential for this neat multiplication stuff.
>
> PS: Yes, I had to forget about the cylinders to make it short enough. =(
>
>  [Image]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'longfunc.jpg' (8 KB)