POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chemistry : Re: Chemistry Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chemistry
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 5 Oct 1999 19:01:56
Message: <37FA8376.4FDD5407@istar.ca>
Simen Kvaal wrote:

> >It's not perfect, but at a render time of about 3 hours, I didn't feel
>
> 3 hours? What kind of machine are you running? Or is there any advanced
> quirks to the code I don't know. Just curious.

Average pentium type computer (I'm ashgamed to admit I don't know the stats.
Waah!)

The 3 hours comes from a 10x10 area light, and a focal vlur with 100
samples.

Plus, there are about ten times as many spheres as are visible. Most of the
distant water got lost in the blur.

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet