POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chemistry : Re: Chemistry Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chemistry
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 4 Oct 1999 21:02:10
Message: <37F94E23.DC1A3E0C@istar.ca>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Neat-o, I'm somewhat of a chemistry fan.  Looks like the Chlorine atom is
> getting carried away by the H2O (um, yeah, it is, that's right...).  Off
> hand I wouldn't think of Sodium as being a lighter element, I had to look at
> the Periodic Table to confirm I was right.  Long time since I had chemistry
> class.

Actually, there is both a chlorine atom and a sodium atom being carried away.
The other (Sodium, I think) is in the foreground, and is a bit too blurry to
really make out. It is the one being attracted by the O in the water, rather
than the H.

I based the image on a diagram in the text, colours and all. I don't know how
accurate it is...

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet