POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: TorusBlob (21kb before upload) : Re: TorusBlob (21kb before upload) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TorusBlob (21kb before upload)
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 4 Oct 1999 13:18:35
Message: <37F8E160.475E2D54@enst.fr>
TonyB wrote:

> Check this out! Thanks to Samuel's explanation, I have managed to blob
> torii. This is pretty cool stuff. I have also tried it with superellipsoids
> and it works out quite well. I still have no idea what I could use this new
> skill for, but at least I know I can do it. I just wish I knew how to rotate
> a function. I figured out translate and scale, though. Those were easy.
> Anyway, enjoy.
>
>  [Image]

	For a rotation around the z axis by angle a:
x <- x*cos(a) + y*sin(a)
y <- -x*sin(a) + y*cos(a)

	("<-" meaning "replace")

		Jerome

PS: this is assuming the POV coordinate system, for standard
coordinates, replace a by -a...
--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *