POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k : Re: Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Oct 1999 08:36:33
Message: <37F89FBF.46FECE8B@compuserve.com>
>Why does pigments affect 100% reflecting surfaces?<
Not really sure...but I have a modified version of POV that I am working
on that allows you to use a separate pigment for calculating reflection.

>In Real life, reflection increases when the viewers angle with with a
plane decreases, right ?<
This happens with many substances, water, for example. There is an
unofficial version called WyzPov that does have it, along with things
like blurred reflection. WyzPov is included in the Superpatch version of
POV-Ray, which has a lot of additional features, and is available here:
http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/
WyzPov, and a good tutorial for making water, is here:
http://www.worldaxes.com/paul_fam/wyzpov/INDEX.HTM