POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win and Macro File Associations : Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations
From: Ken
Date: 2 Oct 1999 12:18:01
Message: <37F63038.1BB336FB@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> If you are using Windows 9x can't you just right click on the file and
> choose Open with... and then associate it with POV-Ray?

  Yes you can. What I am recommending however is not file associations
with windows so much as file associations with the internal editor.
Syntax highlighting is only supported for .pov and .inc files. I am
suggesting that the .dll file that establishes these associations be
changed to allow for the .mcr extention as well. I really don't think
it will be all that big of a job to do but this comes from a layman
and I have yet to hear a real programmers opinion on this subject.
 As I previously pointed out you can get syntax highlighting to work
with any extention if you go into the editor preferences and change
the language to POV-Ray. The downside to this is that if you close
the file and open it again you will have to reset it each time rather
than it being applied automaticaly based upon it's extention.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: