POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win and Macro File Associations : Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations
From: Ken
Date: 1 Oct 1999 05:20:18
Message: <37F47C65.7D64169A@pacbell.net>
Chris Colefax wrote:

> Oh dear - don't tell me I've gone and started another inconvenient trend?!

  I never said it was inconvenient. In fact I like the fact that it
differentiates a common include file from a macro bearing include
file. Helps to sort out the old technology from the new a progress
that should be embraced and not avoided.

> I guess being stuck in the age of DOS prompts and batch files blinds me to
> the wider effects of picking and choosing file extensions as I please.
> Actually, the main reason I originally chose to name the Automatic Clock
> Modifier macro file with an extension other than INC was to make it clear
> the file should be included once at the beginning of the main scene file, as
> opposed to the behaviour of my previous files.

  So there is more than just a preferential reason for having added a new
extention than just being a POV-Ray rebel. It helps define the usage of a
macro in a way that is not possible with pre-existing include files.

> Using the INC extension would be more proper, of course: perhaps it's time
> to think of returning to the correct file extension...

Proper ? I think it was a logical progression.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: