POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Getting into Linux... : Re: Getting into Linux... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting into Linux...
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 29 Sep 1999 03:05:07
Message: <37F1BA21.B124CD94@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Mark Gordon wrote:

> Linux needs to boot from one of your first two IDE drives if you're
> using IDE (I don't think this requirement holds for SCSI).  It also has
> to be on a partition in the first Iforgethowmany cylinders.

The first 1024 ! :-)

That the reason why at least three partitions are a good idea. You can
but a very small / - partition into the first 1024 cylinders and then
use a /usr and a /home partition. But that very much into the detail.
The manuals are more precise then I could be.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler