POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Couple of questions.. originally posted to wrong NG : Re: Couple of questions.. originally posted to wrong NG Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Couple of questions.. originally posted to wrong NG
From: Keith Hull
Date: 28 Sep 1999 14:10:49
Message: <37F104E4.3381B39B@totalise.co.uk>
Krystian Bates wrote:

> My second question is if anyone knows if it is possible to minimize the
> amount of stars in the galaxy object, to achieve a nebula type of effect.
>
> If anyone wants/needs more info, please mail me.

Hi Krystian

I think there are two errors - one in my PlugIn as I don't allow the
galaxy_bgstars to be false and one in Chris' Galaxy.inc file I think? I found
that hand editing the Pov scene file did not get rid of the stars! So further
investigation showed that the random options were overwriting the
galaxy_bgstars, galaxy_bgnebula, and the galaxy_nebula_sphere options.

To correct it you can replace the following ......
// SELECT RANDOM GALAXY.BG OPTIONS
// *******************************
#declare galaxy_bgstars = 1 + int(rand(_GX_rand) * 5.99);
#declare galaxy_bgnebula = min(1 + int(rand(_GX_rand) * 10), 6);
#declare galaxy_nebula_sphere = 1 + int(rand(_GX_rand) * 4.99);

with....

// SELECT RANDOM GALAXY.BG OPTIONS
// *******************************
#ifndef (galaxy_bgstars)   #declare galaxy_bgstars = 1 + int(rand(_GX_rand) *
5.99);#end
#ifndef (galaxy_bgnebula)    #declare galaxy_bgnebula = min(1 +
int(rand(_GX_rand) * 10), 6);   #end
#ifndef (galaxy_nebula_sphere)    #declare galaxy_nebula_sphere = 1 +
int(rand(_GX_rand) * 4.99);   #end

in the galaxy.inc file.

I'm afraid you will have to wait for another version of the PlugIn tho' as I'm a
bit busy at the moment. I'll try to get something on my Web Site by Friday night
(UK time).

Best Regards,