POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini Patch Bug ? : Re: Mini Patch Bug ? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini Patch Bug ?
From: Mike
Date: 28 Sep 1999 00:15:09
Message: <37F03EC1.A53D7734@aol.com>
> I also tried making a variety of modifications to media, including evenly
> spaced samples and supersampling, but I couldn't get supersampling to work
> properly either.  I now know what I was doing wrong.  Make sure that when
> you super-sample, you give the super-samples less weight in the average.
> I.E. if you add a new sample between two existing samples, the new weights
> of the existing samples plus the weight of the new sample should still add
> up to the sum of the original weights of the two original samples.  Ok...
> that sounds a lot more confusing than I intended.

I think I know what you are saying, but the way I'm doing it fits in with the
new sample_media function, so each time a supersample is taken it's added into
the total emission.  Then later it's divided by the total number of samples for
that interval.

I think I found the problem though.  I was looking through one of the functions
for where the values are added and noticed the variable d0 was still being used
even though I took d1 out of the function.  I can only assume it's value is 0
because I forgot to pass it into the function.  I'm going to try to fix that
and I hope, oh how I hope it works!  I've spent so much time on this and really
haven't got anywhere.

-Mike