POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini Patch Bug ? : Re: Mini Patch Bug ? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini Patch Bug ?
From: Mike
Date: 27 Sep 1999 02:29:18
Message: <37EF0CB3.556EDC8F@aol.com>
> My point to Tony may not have been altogether clear either. I don't care
> right now how the media appears. It is the way the light sources themselves
> are acting that I am finding disturbing. I can adjust the media but I cannot
> recode the way the light sources are working in the scene.

There really isn't anything going on with the lighting here.  What's happening
is that you are specifying a min of 10 samples and a max of 100.  Up to the
minimum the new method is being used.  The next 90 are being cast in the same
spot (the end of the interval).  When it's all averaged out you end up with
bright areas at the end of the interval.

I could simply fix this by using the max samples or ignoring them altogether.

-Mike