POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : blob in while loop.... : Re: blob in while loop.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob in while loop....
From: Ken
Date: 23 Sep 1999 06:48:40
Message: <37EA04FC.E2C35522@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Jason Dinger <jas### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>   Think about it. Each time the #while-loop is parsed, a copy of all that is
> between the #while and the #end is created.

>   Obviously you don't want 10 separated blob statements, but one single
> blob statement with 10 spheres inside it. Thus we have to create the
> blob statement just once:

  I think the confusion here is understandable. One would naturaly
conclude that a blob is an object. However it is only the spheres
in the blob statement that are a true object while the blob itself
is a function wrapper much like a CSG operation would be when used
with while loops.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: