POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Media's driving me CRAAZZYY!!! : Re: Media's driving me CRAAZZYY!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media's driving me CRAAZZYY!!!
From: Florian Fischer
Date: 20 Sep 1999 14:08:44
Message: <37E66B94.24732C17@gmx.de>
Hi,

I've also got problems with media. It seems that the POV-Ray
programmers wanted to make it as difficult as possible to create
media! ;-)

But by now, i have more or less mastered it.
Well, at least, I'm able to make some fog clouds now...

to do this:

1) divide up your lightning into one light (intensity ~0.5) which
interacts with media and is attentuated by it, and one (i ~0.5) which
isn't. (Uncheck the box!) - Or has someone else found a different way
to create grey clouds?

2) add a hollow object to your scene.

set up its texture:
a) pigment - color clear (rgbf 1)
b) add interior
c) add media; check scattering
d) add "scattering_color", set to something grey (i don't think it
actually changes the results what color you choose)
e) add density
f) add colormap_pattern (whichever you like). the colors define the
density - eg. set the left side to black, the right to grey. (the
filter and transmit values don't matter)
g) if you'd like, add  noise to stir up the pattern.

This should give you nice clouds.

Perhaps someone else can answer me the following questions:

1) How can you make media grey (or whatever color) without changing
the lightning?
2) How are emitting media used? (eg. for warp fields, hi trekkies!)

Hope this helps

bye

Florian Fischer