POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini patch : Re: Mini patch Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini patch
From: Mike
Date: 20 Sep 1999 11:17:23
Message: <37E64DF4.6A666AE7@aol.com>
>  What can one expect from using the jitter option rendering time wise ? Will
> jitter = 0 render faster in most cases ? I don't understand !

Jitter won't affect the rendering time at all (except for the extra calculation
time for FRAND(), which is basically noise).  I could probably speed things up
just a wee bit if I were to remove the jitter from the calculation if it's set
to 0, but I wasn't really thinking about that at the time.

The real point of having jitter is that it will produce results similiar to the
old method.  When I get supersampling working down the road it should also aid
in producing smoother and more accurate results.

-Mike