POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OUCH! My computer hurts! : Re: OUCH! My computer hurts! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OUCH! My computer hurts!
From: Ken
Date: 19 Sep 1999 05:15:40
Message: <37E4A90A.386C9847@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   Try lowering the quality of the photon mapping. It may not look so perfect,
> but at least it will render.

  That particular file he is talking about has so many nested objects in it
by the time he gets past the photon map building stage he is still going
to wait for ever for the merge operations to do their job. I figure without
photon mapping it is still going to take a week or two to render just
because of all of the intersection testing that will have to be performed.

I tried it with 1/10 of the total # of objects and I hit 1 pps in less than
5 min. of render time.

OUCH !

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: