POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uvPOV question : Re: uvPOV question Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uvPOV question
From: Ken
Date: 18 Sep 1999 23:23:05
Message: <37E45682.818EE2C9@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> I just downloaded uvPOV, and when I try to render a scene with a plane
> textured with T_Stone21, it looks messed up--very dark with white lines.
> Other textures do this as well. What's the deal?

Nathan changed the way the the filter parameter in pigments works in that
patch. If you want them to work as they do in the official distribution
you need to change all of the filter components into transmit components
and they will work as expected. This of course means a fair amount of
work editing the stones.inc file but you can also copy and past only those
textures as you need into you scene and then modify them there if you
so desire.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: