POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : cheaper, faster computing : Re: cheaper, faster computing Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cheaper, faster computing
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 14 Sep 1999 20:31:28
Message: <37DEE933.8F0FA482@mailbag.com>
> please let me know via email if anyone is interested. we envisage
> something like tux penguins weilding playstations chasing wolves in an
> antarctic type scene.

Apparently, dogs have been known to disrupt penguin nesting colonies
(presumably not in Antarctica, but perhaps in Australia, South Africa or
South America, and possibly on some of the small southern islands), so
the concept isn't quite so far off as it might seem at first.  There's a
pretty good penguin web site at the URL listed below (this specific page
relates to mammalian predators of penguins).

http://home.capu.net/~kwelch/pp/predators/mammals.html

-Mark Gordon