POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : animation & memory : Re: animation & memory Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation & memory
From: Tomas Plachetka
Date: 14 Sep 1999 05:14:36
Message: <37DE11F9.22D25298@uni-paderborn.de>
<snip>

> > you should be more specific. which pov-ray version do
> > you use?
>
> Windows version 3.1g

i have never noticed a memory leakage with 3.02 on various
unix (and similar) systems.

> > try dumping the heap right before and after each frame
> > and make some diffs.
> >
> > (i can send you a hacked mem module which dumps the
> > heap contents to a file if the problem really bothers
> > you.)
>
> I'm not trying to compile POV or anything I just noticed this
> and thought perhaps it could be of interest for those who have
> a clue of what might be going on. Perhaps some more testing
> (with an idea in mind of what to look for) could help.

i also have no time for inspecting the problem,
i can only offer the heap dumping function to
someone who is willing to do the compiling and
diffing. there are perhaps other people having
the same problem, let's wait what they say.
till then, save the source of your animation,
.ini files etc and forget it.

	y.